Don’t Break the Bank: Style at Student Prices

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I bet you didn’t know you could get some great deals on clothing just for being a student. There are many companies that offer discounts to customers that go to college.  A tight budget doesn’t allow for huge splurges on a new wardrobe. But a few high-end retailers do offer a price off. This can come in handy when a girl is in need of a last minute interview outfit and is pinching pennies to pull some cash together. But, by just bringing your current student ID with you, you can get high quality items for a lesser cost. Some brands that offer a discount include:

Ann Taylor: 15% off

Banana Republic: 15% off

Charlotte Russe: 10% off

J. Crew: 15% off

Madewell: 15% off

The Limited: 15% off

Topshop: 10% off

Urban Outfitters: 10% off (on select dates)

Always ask in the store. Some stores don’t advertise their student discounts, so you may only hear about it from word-of-mouth. Don’t be afraid to ask an employee if they have one or just to double check what the policies are. Some stores discounts may vary due to different management or locations, so sometimes it may not be offered at your store. Try shopping online, some of these store offer the discount on their website as well.

Unidays

Make sure to sign-up for Unidays. It’s a free email membership where companies like ASOS and Boohoo will give you student discounts to shop their online website. A wide variety of stores will give anywhere from 10 to 20 percent off the price.  This is a great way to shop stores that aren’t available in the U.S. or aren’t located near you.

Olivia is a Professional Communications in Emerging Media student at the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Currently the Campus Correspondent for Stout's chapter, she hopes to find a career in journalism. Originally from Milwaukee, Olivia has put her city life on hold to follow her dreams. You can follow her at her Instagram or blog, Olivia Marie.
Her Campus at UW-Stout