Campus Cutie: Ms. Ashley Love ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

I met up with Ashley at Acoustic Café to have a quick conversation and a bite to eat. Walking to the counter, Ashley turns all heads with her boisterous voice that echoes through the café. While munching on her sandwich and sipping on some warm apple cider she answered my questions with laughs, smiles, and a subtle amount of awkwardness.

Name: Ashley Love Hagerman (Yes, Love is her middle name.)

Year: Junior

Major: Business Administration, with a minor in Economics.

Hometown: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

AH: That’s hard. That’s rough… sarcastic for sure, I think I’m outgoing, and I’m also very personable. I don’t know if you think that, but I think I am.

HC: How do you think your friends would describe you in three words?

AH: God, that’s scary. I would think they would describe me as boring, but at the same time unpredictable, and caring, at least I hope you guys think that….. maybe annoying.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?

AH: I am a huge movie buff and really like pop culture, because I watch a lot of TV. Also I am totally not athletic, and I am proud of it.

HC: What do you want to do with your life after graduation from Stout?

AH:  I don’t really have a plan, and I don’t have any goals after school because I am so indecisive and I know there are so many things out there that I don’t even know about yet. But I can tell you my long term goal, my sister and I want to open up an organization for kids who have been neglected. My sister and I are very close and we want to help these kids who can’t help themselves, because we both have been through hardships like that.

HC: Who has been the most influential person in your life?

AH: My sister because she is such a role model. Not many people know her story, but she has been through a lot.  In the end though, she really made something of herself.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

AH: You could first of all say that looks are not a huge thing to me. So, what I look for is someone with a sense of humor, who can take my jokes. They also have to be really kind, not only to me, but other people as well. Also, with a few quirks.

HC: When in a relationship, what is a deal breaker for you?

AH: That would be if a guy doesn’t treat every person fairly. A guy I am dating needs to treat athletes, people who play video games, and every different person equally and never think they are better than someone who has less.

HC: What would be your ideal date?

AH: For sure a rooftop. You know, like a private rooftop, with bungalow lights, overlooking a pretty city with a homemade dinner to just sit and talk. You know, like on Pinterest.  It would have to be a surprise though!!

HC: How are you involved in Menomonie?

AH: I work at Lucette, the new brewery in town, I am a server there and I love my job. I love that there is a different atmosphere there than anywhere else in Menomonie and everyone should go there if they haven’t been yet.

HC: What are three things you cannot live without?

AH: Pizza! My sister, friends, and I would for sure say music.

HC: What’s one thing on your bucket list, preferably that you haven’t done yet?

AH: It would be to spend time in Amsterdam. If I were to study abroad that is where I would want to go. I don’t know why, but it just calls out to me and I think the people there are just flippin’ crazy and I would love it. That’s a goal.

HC: What is one weird goal or dream that you have for your life?

AH: Okay, to kiss Jake Gyllenhaal. For sure. Oh wait, take that back…. Take that back… Miles Teller. For sure Miles Teller.

HC: Anything else?

AH: People are going to say this girl has no sense of words – that nothing she says makes sense and she can’t even talk, but throw in my twitter handle, even though it will probably only be my friends reading this!  @ashhhle

Favorites:

Song: Religion by Lana Del Rey

Food: Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Animal: Fox

Beverage: Gin

Clothing item: Bra

Vacation spot: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Favorite movie: Super Bad

A UW- Stout cutie for sure, she is a ray of crazy sunshine.

Allison is a girl. She likes to think she's "not like other girls" but that probably untrue.
Her Campus at UW-Stout