Campus Cutie: De’Andre Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Name:  De’Andre Jones

Major: Family & consumer sciences education

Minor: Women & gender studies and health/fitness education

Year: Junior

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Relationship status: Single

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

DJ: Hmmm I honestly have been thinking about this, but I just can’t decide. I’ll get back to you on that!

HC: What would you say is your spirit animal?

DJ: Well, I had never thought about this until now, so I took a quiz and got a bear! Here’s the results: “Powers: Fighting ability — strength and speed — along with powers of strategic thinking. You’re #1! At least, you’re happiest when in charge. You lead with courage, integrity and compassion. People gravitate to your confidence and charisma, and they feel safe in your care. But be careful not to believe your own hype — stubborn pride is every Bear’s downfall. Best matches: Wolverines, Horses, Wolves.” To my matches, I’m waiting!

HC: What do people say is your best quality?

DJ: I like my smile! It’s not perfect, but it works. I’m also told I smell really good all the time.

HC: How are you involved in campus? If not, do you want to become more involved?

DJ: Right now, I am a member of the Stout Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, a newly pledged member of the Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity, a member of the Gender & Sexualities Alliance, and I work as a desk assistant at my residence hall.

HC: Where do you see yourself five to 10 years from now?

DJ: Five to 10 years from now, I see myself married (hopefully), doing what I love, and that’s helping people, whether that be teaching or being active at the state level. As anyone else, I think the main thing everyone wants is to be happy!

HC:  Who is the main influence on your life?

DJ: This may seem a bit self-centered, but honestly, I have to say myself. I challenge myself daily to push the limits and to be the best that I can be in my academics and in my personal life. However, I must say that I do have the best friends and family a guy could ask for.

HC: If you were given a large amount of money, what is the first thing you would spend it on?

DJ: Well, I need a car at the moment, so that would be the first thing!

HC: What is your ideal first date experience?

DJ: Something casual! The date should be about getting to know each other, so a movie would be a no-go.

HC: What is an ultimate deal breaker in a relationship?

DJ: An ultimate deal breaker is dishonesty, and being a jerk.

HC: If you could develop any superpower, what would it be?

DJ: I’d want the ability to fly.

HC: Favorite place on campus?

DJ: My favorite place on campus is the MSC Terrace, hanging out by the fireplace. 

Allison, Currently student at U of Wisconsin-Stout major in Human Development Studies. Hometown Minneapolis MN- it's been a big change from big city MN to small town WI. Huge fan of teacup pigs and anything furry. Always on the move, type of person you can hear before you see.