jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Netflix is a wondrous place. No commercials, and tons of options for movies and TV shows. The only problem is that it can be difficult finding the perfect show to get addicted to. It all really depends on your preference so my list is no doubt a little bias. I prefer funny shows with some drama, but I am no stranger to trying something new as well. Here are some shows that are a great way to spend your nights binge-watching.  

Gossip Girl

I was a little late to jump on the Gossip Girl bandwagon, but I loved it. I watched all the seasons in an alarming amount of time and I was sad when it was over. It’s the kind of show where you can see the characters develop over time and you become rather attached. It’s about the lives of several wealthy teenagers living in the rich part of Manhattan. 

Pretty Little LiersAgain, I didn’t get to watch PLL until I was a junior in college, but this show is incredibly suspenseful. It’s one of those shows where you can’t just watch one episode. Five girl’s lives are changed forever when one of them disappears. The girls are stalked by a mysterious creeper that goes by the name “A,” who seems to know everything about their lives. A little creepy and a little drama make for the perfect binge-watching choice. 

Schitts Creek

A wealthy family loses everything and is forced to live in a run-down town called “Schitts Creek.” The family struggles to integrate with the hilarious townies. Who doesn’t love a good rags to riches story? 

Grace and Frankie

This hilarious show features two older women with opposite personalities to live together after their husbands reveal their secret love affair with each other. Getting old never looked so fun.

New Girl

For those of you who haven’t already watched New Girl, you are really missing out. Definitely one of my top five favorite TV shows, this is one for the whole gang. A quirky teacher moves into a loft with three other lovable guys with their own quirks as well. Hilarious and heartwarming. 

The Office

The Office has recently gained a lot more popular, but I was there for it when it was was not known very well at all. It’s about a paper company and the people that work there. The boss is a little unconventional but it makes for a hilarious show. Probably my all-time favorite TV show. 

Arrested Development It’s a little bit of a different kind of humor that takes some getting used to, but once you do, you won’t be able to go back. A wealthy family that undergoes some major life changes, prompting them to rely on the one normal member of the family to fix it. 

Kimmy Schmidt Unbreakable

A middle-aged woman is rescued from an underground bunker after being help captive there with four other women for 15 years. This show is about her transition to the big city of New York, but not without the help of her hilarious roommates, Titus. 

That 70s Show

This sitcom was set in the 70s but was actually made in the late 90s. It’s about a group of teenagers living in Wisconsin in the 70s and their drama that follows them. It’s one of those shows that you can always come back to for a casual watch.

Although this list is mainly limited to drama and comedy, Netflix has a choice for whatever mood you may be in. 

Katie is a student at UW-Stout majoring in Professional Communications and Emerging Media. Her hobbies including cuddling with her Golden Retriever, Dante, watching Netflix in her bathrobe, and of course, writing! 
Her Campus at UW-Stout