This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Our world has grown and changed a lot over the past decade. With new surges in thrifting and convenience, our on-the-go lifestyles allow little time for trips to department stores and supermarkets, feeding into the emergence of a new subscription service: box kits.  In today’s world, anything can come by mail.  More people turn to home delivery groceries and mail-order gifts that you don’t have to put effort into putting together.  And one of the best services that have come from this movement is the introduction of beauty boxes.  No longer does one need to go to the store to buy the newest shade of lipstick or try out the modern hair trends.  All of the luxury of trendy makeup is made effortless and totally easy with a monthly subscription to services such as BirchBox and Julep Maven.  And the best part is that there are a multitude of options that make it affordable for any budget. 

My newest favorite that has been born from beauty box culture is Julep Maven.  For $24.99 a month, Julep will send you high quality beauty samples once a month so you can stay fashionable and on trend without breaking your budget.  Why spend hundreds on makeup products that will go out of season or be out-of-date before you know it?  

With each monthly box, you have the option to personalize its contents.  This means you have all the power to choose what you want to try.  They have anything from cute sunscreens to high-end nail polishes to choose from, and you can receive anywhere from two to four products in each box.  Also, your monthly fee goes the extra mile as you earn rewards points for each box you receive.  These points can go towards a free box or full-size products from your favorite samples. 

Now is also the best time to become a Julep Maven, as they’ve recently added a feature that allows you to skip your month’s payment and box so you can save money.  If times get a little rough and you think you can do without it, you can now select “Skip This Month” to stop them from collecting that fee.

Over all, trends now-a-days are capsizing faster than ever before.  And as college students, it can be hard to constantly sacrifice trendiness to your monstrous college fees and lack of transportation.  This is why Julep is so great!  If you can afford the monthly fee, it’s a small price to pay for becoming the next campus cutie.

Kate is a junior at University of Wisconsin Stout.  She is a Professional Communication and Emerging Media major, with a concentration in Applied Journalism and a minor in Speech Communication.   Very soon she will also be dual majoring in Digital Marketing Technology. Her interests include blogging, writing, swing dancing, watching movies and (yes) training llamas back home.  Check out her blog at http://collegiettebyday.com
Her Campus at UW-Stout