The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

The Basics of DisneyBounding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

As many Disney fans know, adults are not allowed to wear costumes in the parks. This is due to many reasons, the primary being safety for younger visitors. This brings us the delightful trend of DisneyBounding, where adult fans can live out their Disney costume fantasies by subtly dressing as their favorite characters. Don’t know where to start? Here are some simple steps!

Do Some Research

If it’s been awhile since you’ve seen the classics, you’ll need to brush up on your knowledge to properly portray a character. If you’re unsure about what characters interest you, there are even quizzes that can point you in the right direction!

Look to Others

Ever since DisneyBounding became popular outside of the parks, the internet has been flooded with fantastic examples of the trend. You’ll be able to find endless examples of people dressing as whatever character suits your style.

Get Inspired

There are many aspects to what makes a good DisneyBounding outfit. There’s color, style, theme, character likeness, and various other components. Play around with ideas, and figure out what best works with the character you’ve selected.

Fashion Your Fancy

If nothing in your closet fits what you’re going for, take a shopping trip to find what your heart desires. Make sure to have a few pictures ready to go so you can compare on-the-go.

Style It Up!

In a sea full of other DisneyBounders, you want to stand out! Make your design super special with some added touches.

Strut Your Stuff

DisneyBounding is supposed to be a fun fantasy experience. Don’t get tangled up in all the details, and let your hair down!

DisneyBounding is new wave for adult Disney fans. There are countless ways to do it, and there’s really no wrong way to do it. As long as you’re having a good time, that’s all that matters.

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.