Aaron Carter and Hilary Duff: Throwback Thursday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

“3 former teen idols from our childhood are still getting hot and steamy even years later” If any of these names sound like they ring a bell for you. It would be Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff and Aaron Carter.  “Don’t be that stupid douche that loses the love of your life forever.. Like me…”. in a tweet that Aaron wrote to Hilary.

Aaron Carter was a rising pop star in the early 2000s with a solo career and appearing in movies that captured the hearts of two rising Disney stars, Lohan and Duff. While the little blonde kid that was trying to out shine his older brother, Nick Carter, Aaron somehow managed to get these girls, which was a shock to him, but also a started cat fight amongst the two.

It all started in the year 2000 when Aaron Started dating Duff on his 13th birthday. Doesn’t that age you just a little? They hugged, held hands and kissed; everything that a typical 13 year old would do. We all have been down that road, nothing special!  Then add in Lohan, a little red head girl known for capturing our hearts with her charm in “The Parent Trap.”  That’s when the catfight starts to get interesting. Let’s sit back, pop some popcorn, and watch it all play out.  Once Carter got bored with Duff he started mingling with Lohan and the rest was history. He started cheating on Duff with Lohan since, reportedly, she was the wilder one of the two besties.

Yikes! Looks like he got in a mess with two stars.  With the damage done, Carter has made some Twitter buzz in the last couple of weeks due to Duff getting a divorce from her husband. Carter says “he let his one true love go” and “not to be stupid like he did.”  Duff has been on the low down with Hollywood, making sure to never giving up her good girl status and being a role model for young girls.  While Carter, on the other hand, has had his struggle with Hollywood and other demons in his life that he fought hard not to get associated with.  Will little miss goody two shoes and the Mr. bad guy get back together? My feelings is that there will only be one Mrs. Carter and we all know who that is! 

Laura (Lo), originally from Milwaukee, WI, is an alumni of Her Campus and the University of Wisconsin - Stout. She majored in Professional Communication & Emerging Media and Strategic Communication. Lo was involved with Her Campus as a High School Journalism & Publicity Ambassador, Chapter Advisor and Campus Correspondent for HC UW-Stout. Laura is currently a Social Media Specialist for Fence Talk Digital and does freelance writing occasionally. Feel free to follow her on Twitter or add her on LinkedIn.