9 Signs You’re Ready to Graduate College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

College is absolutely the best years of person’s life, but there comes a time when people are just ready to move on. Here are some signs that you are ready to graduate from college and make your way into the real world. 

1. You check your LinkedIn more often than your Facebook

You become more excited about new job opportunities rather than checking Facebook and seeing someone’s new selfie they uploaded.

2. You start calling your parents to see how they are instead of asking for money

Starting freshmen year, your parents received a weekly call from you asking for money, now you typically call to just check up and see how things are going. 

3. Thirsty Thursday turns into job application night

Of course going out is fun, but time is ticking and graduation is approaching soon, so getting a head start on applications and your resume isn’t a bad idea.

4. You get giddy just thinking about not having to fill out another FAFSA

FAFSA has been the enemy since day one. Imagining never having to fill another FAFSA form again could bring tears to many college students eyes.

5. You’re so used to Advisement day meetings that you already have their material memorized

The Advisment meeting you are required to attend once a semester never seems to change, so attending them becomes painful.

6. You no longer understand the point of class

Your required courses for your major become repetitive and irritating. Why keep going over information you alraedy know?

7. You start to skip class out of spite

Class and busy work start to become a nuisance. Your readiness for graduation starts to take over and sleep becomes more of a priority. 

8. Graduating and getting ready for the real world doesn’t scare you like it did Freshmen year of college

Freshmen year, thinking of graduation scared you into a coma. Now, growing up and graduating is the only thing on your mind. Your excitment for life and moving on becomes more and more clear. 

9. You’ve got your graduation date circled on your calendar 

The date of your graduation is clearly marked on your calendar and you are counting down the days until you can start the first day of the rest of your life.

Hi, I am a Junior at UW-Stout and I am in the PCEM major with a concentration in Journalism.
Her Campus at UW-Stout