5 Nice Things To Do For People This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Spring is in the air, birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and people are coming out of hibernation from the long cold winter. Everyone seems to be happier now that gloomy old winter is over. Spread the happiness this week and show some random acts of kindness, whether it is towards your roommates or total strangers!

Buy someone’s coffee

This can be as simple as letting the person behind you use the last dollar you had left on a gift card you got for Christmas. Who knows, maybe they will choose to pay it forward, too!

Hold the door open for someone

Random acts of kindness don’t get much cheaper than this! Bonus points if they have crutches, hands full, or a small child.

Compliment the person next to you in class

Everyone likes to receive compliments! This is also a great conversation starter if you don’t know the person that well.

Make your roommates coffee

Or breakfast. Or cookies. Or popcorn.

Say “please” and “thank you”It is easy to take for granted the little things like saying “please” and “thank you” when you are talking to people, but everyone likes to hear it. A little kindness goes a long way!

Vanessa studies Early Childhood Education at the University of Wisconsin- Stout. She hails from southeastern Minnesota and currently lives with her fiance in Wisconsin. She is the proud dog mom of 2 fur babies, Marley and Daisy.
Her Campus at UW-Stout