5 of the Craziest Hairstyles People Actually Wore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

We all have had some bad hair days, but for some people, it’s difficult to decipher is that bad hair day was on purpose or not. Either way, we can still get some good laughs and really question how people come up with these hairstyles.

1. #1 Fan of Christmas

There is some Christmas spirit in everyone and everyone likes to decorate for the holidays! This lady takes the cake for getting ready for Christmas! I mean, with an updo like that, why bother buying a Christmas tree? With all of the little ornaments and the star at the top of the “tree”, Santa couldn’t possibly miss placing the presents under there! It’s clear that a hairstyle like this takes a great deal of devotion and creativity! If this hairstyle was for a “Christmas-do” contest, she would definitely take 1st place!

2. Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea? This Guy!

Spongebob is a childhood classic that we won’t ever forget. Sometimes it’s hard to let go of those awesome cartoons that we used to watch on Saturday mornings, and obviously this guy didn’t want to let it go. The hairstylists must have had a ton of fun creating this look while having some great laughs as well! 

3. Human Tennis Ball

Have you ever loved tennis so much that you shaved and colored your head just to let everyone know that you do? Probably not. But this guy certainly did. It’s such a great and hilarious hairstyle and this guy must be very brave for going out, getting it done, and showing it off!

4. Shaved Faces

I’m not sure where this trend started and why. Shaving faces into the back of your head takes Mom’s old phrase, “I’ve got eyes on the back of my head,” to a whole new meaning. Although it’s a bit frightening, this hairstyle is awesome and very detailed!  The amount of creativity here is incredible!

5. Spiking Gone Wrong

We have seen the Mohawk hairstyle fashion come and go with the‘80s. None the less, the Mohawk is still a bold hairstyle that definitely makes a statement! Unfortunately, for our friend here, he missed the Mohawk and went overboard. We still are trying to figure out what this hairstyle is and why he would do that. Whatever the reason, we can all still get some good laughs!

When it comes to hair, people will be more and more creative. Sometimes deviating from the “norm” can lead us to different fashions and trends. Until those become staples in fashion, we can all get some good laughs from them!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Jacobson, but most people call me Liz for short. I am a sophomore this year at UW-Stout to get my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I plan to have an emphasis in entrepreneurship so that after college I can pursue my dreams of owning my own store. I have a passion for writing. I love new ideas, meeting new people, and exploring different things in life. 
Her Campus at UW-Stout