This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

With Spring full on it’s way, many high school seniors face a big decision in front of them. If they haven’t already chosen what college they will be attending in the fall, this is about the time that they will. I remember a year ago at this time, I was a senior in high school and I found myself really torn between which college I wanted to attend. While some people visit a college and know right away that’s where they want to be, it was a lot harder for me. It was a huge decision and I remember how stressed out I was about making it. Where you decide to go to college will change your whole life, and with that being said, you have to make sure you pick the school that is best for you. After visiting UW-La Crosse as a senior, I realized how amazing this school was and how beautiful the campus is. Looking back on it now I realize I chose the right school and I really do love the life I have created for myself here. But that doesn’t mean my decision to come here was any easier. Here are the reasons why I decided to spend my next four years here in La Crosse; maybe it will help you to decide to come here, as well! I couldn’t be more happy with my decision to attend here and can’t wait to see what the next few years have in store for me. 

1. The Beautiful Campus

It’s no secret that La Crosse isn’t bad to look at. The bluffs that surrond the city and campus are breathtaking and definitely don’t make for a bad walk from class to class. 

2. The Downtown Area

There is something very charming about DT La Crosse. There’s the Riverside Park where you have a beautiful view of the Mississippi River, the infamous ice cream parlor, The Pearl, and all of the different restaurants, cafes and shops. 

3. There is Always Something To Do

Even though La Crosse isn’t the biggest city in the world, I’ve always found things to do around town during the weekends, whether it’s exploring a new shop down town, listening to some live music at The Root Note or trying out a new restaurant. 

4. The Academics

You really get a good education here for the money you put into it. All of my professors so far this year have been great and very helpful. 

5. The Bluffs

Like I mentioned before, the campus here is so beautiful and a lot of that has to do with the bluffs. I can’t even count how many times me and my friends have hiked up the bluffs just over the past six months! 

Hopefully if you’re debating on coming to La Crosse I’ve made your choice a little easier!

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller