This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It’s Taylor’s world and we’re all just living in it.

I can just picture Taylor Swift sketching out elaborate plans in her journal, knowing that it will send her fans into a frenzy as soon as she hits post. I, too, am one of those fans who are holding their breath waiting for whatever she decides to do next. And Taylor is no stranger to surprise releases, so being a Swiftie can be a bit of a rollercoaster.

One particular topic of debate among the Swiftie community has stuck out to me: Which era are we in?

Red (Taylor’s Version) comes out this November 19th, and Miss Swift just dropped “Wildest Dreams” out of nowhere last Friday. So, why did we get a surprise single from 1989 (Taylor’s Version) before the fixed release date of Red (Taylor’s Version)? Well, I do know the answer. Swift recently joined TikTok, so she released “Wildest Dreams” in response to the fact that the audio of her song was trending.

Yet, the question remains: what is Taylor’s plan? Oh, what I wouldn’t give to read her diary right now.

I believe that Taylor has indeed entered a new era in her life. It’s the one where she gets to do whatever she wants. After enduring record labels that dictated her every move, it’s time that Taylor is allowed to release her re-recordings her way. I don’t know what Taylor’s plan is or what will happen next, but I’m not mad about it.

Taylor, baby, just keep doing you.

Emily is a junior and UWLax's Campus Correspondent. She is studying Spanish and Computer Science. She loves hiking, going to concerts, and the color pink.