This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

There’s nothing that screams fall as a college student more than showing off your school spirit and hanging out with friends on a college football day. Well, this Saturday, October 10 is that day! It’s UW-La Crosse’s first varsity home football game since September 4, and I myself couldn’t be more excited to spend the afternoon wearing my favorite UW-L gear and cheering on the Eagles as they beat UW-Stout. Of course, it’s not a good game day without wearing the best apparel to show off your school spirit. To help you out I came up with a few ideas of what you might want to wear this Saturday afternoon as the Eagles tear it up at Veteran Memorial Stadium here on campus. With that being said, LETS GO EAGLES!

1. Sweatshirt + Leggings + La Crosse Baseball Cap There’s nothing I love more than wearing my favorite La Crosse baseball cap, especially on those bad hair days, but also because I love to show off my love for this college. A sweatshirt is the perfect option to keep yourself warm without having to deal with the weight of a heavy jacket! 

2. La Crosse Shirt + Jeans + Puffer Vest + Boots When the weather isn’t cold enough for a jacket, but too cold not to wear any layers over your shirt, a puffy vest is the best way to go. Layer one on top of your favorite La Crosse long sleeve shirt and your ready to go! If your vest has pockets, that’s even better! You won’t have to worry about losing your phone or your money. My favorite shirt to wear underneath a vest is my UW- L long sleeve shirt. 

3. Maroon/ Red Pants + White Tank + Grey Sweater If you’re not looking to wear just a sweatshirt and leggings, wearing some maroon pants is a good way to still show your school spirit while keeping your outfit original. 

4. La Crosse Headband, Scarf,  La Crosse Eagle Temporary Tattoo, Red Socks Although these items probably shouldn’t be worn together, they are all fun items to wear at a football game. 

We may not be a D1 school, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t go all out in showing the spirit and love that we have for our school! If you don’t have a UW-L shirt that is perfectly fine. Simply sporting our UW-L colors is good enough. So let’s all get out there this Saturday in our best La Crosse gear and show UW-Stout all of the school spirit that we have! Good luck, Eagles! 

Sarah Mueller is a senior majoring in Organizational and Professional Communication and minoring in Professional Writing. She loves to write, run, and do yoga in her free time. Follow her on instagram: sarah_muelller