pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Profile: Morgan Zimmerman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Morgan Zimmerman is senior at UW-La Crosse, graduating this upcoming Saturday, and she couldn’t be more happy to be done with school and take her place in the real world. Although it’s bittersweet, she can’t wait to have her Sunday’s back, especially. Read more about this graduating Senior and what she has planned for life after college below!

Picture of Morgan (right) 

Name: Morgan Zimmerman

Year at UWL: Senior

Graduation date: Spring 2016

Major/minor: Business Management major, Health Information Systems minor

Pronouns: She/her

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation I will be moving back to my hometown around the Milwaukee area.  I recently accepted a job at a company in Milwaukee in their Human Resources Department.  In the beginning of June my best friend and I will also be going on a three-week trip to Europe!  We’ll be traveling throughout Greece, Italy, Switzerland, France, and Ireland, and I couldn’t be more excited!

What are you most excited for after college?

I am most definitely looking forward to having more free-time.  During the semester it’s easy for me to get wrapped up in classes and my jobs, so taking off the pressure of studying and doing homework every night will be great.  I can’t wait to be spending more time with family and friends and just relax!

What are you going to miss most about La Crosse? UWL?

There are so many things I’m going to miss about this place.  La Crosse has been my home away from home for the last four years and I’ve grown to love it so much.  It’s pretty safe to say that I’ll miss my roommates and friends the most.  One of my current roommates and I were random roommates freshman year and I seriously would not have gotten through the last four years without her.  She is the absolute greatest (Hi, Kasey!)!  On a more serious note, I also don’t know what I’m going to do without BA Burrito…….

Do you have a favorite memory from UWL over the past four years?

The weekend of Oktoberfest my sophomore year the weather was absolutely terrible.  It poured almost the entire day Saturday, but my friends and I had the greatest time.  I distinctly remember running around with garbage bags over our heads, which looking back on it, was probably pretty embarrassing..we had way too much fun that day.

What advice would you give to incoming freshman? What do you know now that you wish you would’ve known then?

Before freshman year, I think I was most scared of the unknown.  Looking back on it, I’ve come to realize that everyone was in the same boat – Don’t be afraid to try new things, challenge yourself, and pursue new opportunities.  The last four years went by way too quickly, so make sure to take it all in because it’ll be gone before you know it.

Describe your ideal night in La Crosse?

I’d have to say that my ideal night in La Crosse would either have to be hanging out at home, binge watching “Friends” or heading out downtown for a fun night!

Do you have a favorite bar downtown?

That’s a tough question.. It’s probably a toss up between Shooter’s, Who’s on Third, and Stein Haus.  It depends on the night!

What do you wish you would have done here in LAX that you didn’t get a chance to do?

During my time here, I actually never made it to Pettibone!  I also wish that I would have made it to a La Crosse SOUP event.  I was planning on going to it last month, but it was cancelled due to the weather!

Good luck on all your future endeavors, Morgan! And good luck to the rest of UWL’s graduating class of Spring 2016!

Kasey is a UW-La Crosse collegiate, aspiring writer, and Campus Correspondent of the HC UW-Lax team. You can follow her on Pinterest @kaseyluo, Instagram @kaseylovergaard, and Twitter @kaseyLuO