This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Its only a week away, and much stress is put on what your doing for the big day of love.  This year, instead of doing the same old dinner date with your significant other, do a “Palentines Day,” with all of your closest friends.  Whether you’re single or in a relationship, a “Palentines Day,” allows for everyone to have fun.  Couples and singles can attend, making for everyone to enjoy the night.  The simple logistics are that an equal boy to girl ratio of friends goes to dinner on Valentines Day.  Everyone pays for his or her own dinner and drinks, setting up for no awkwardness.  And once the dinner is over, everyone goes to one person’s house to enjoy the rest of the night with homemade desserts and drinks.  This situation is a win-win situation to everyone involved.  Instead of sitting on your couch eating Chinese food by yourself, you will be with all of your best friends enjoying the company of people you truly do love.  So stop stressing if you don’t have a date for Saturday, your closest friends are all you need.