This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

It’s that time of the year.

You moved a little over a month ago and now it’s time to find yet another place to live for next school year.

As a freshman, my first thoughts were:

“I don’t feel like an adult enough to live on my own!”

“I’ve only been in La Crosse for a month!”

“Will I even like the new friends I’ve made in a year?!”

“I barely know my friends and now I’m planning to live with them?!”

It’s a stressful time of choosing the people you are going to be sharing a bathroom with and where that bathroom will be.

At UW La Crosse, they provide many options for students such as on campus housing in Eagle Hall, Reuter Hall, and Drake Hall. If you don’t feel adult enough to sign a lease on a house before your 20’s, Reuter’s suite style rooms are beautiful, Eagle’s air conditioning is refreshing, and Drake’s all sophomore floor will be a relief.

Although if you’re thinking of an apartment or a house- get ready for landlords and many showings of your very potential first home. You will go into a showing and picture yourself cramming for a midterm at the kitchen table, having a girls night on the couch with Doritos and a good old rom com, and cookouts on the back porch before the winter hits.

Whatever you choose, it’s a step towards becoming an actual adult and as scary as that sounds- the feeling of calling your own place “home” is an exciting thought.

Besides being one of the shortest freshman at UW La Crosse, Marissa has passions for polka dotted umbrellas and pizza for breakfast.