This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

Billy Ayers is a freshman at UW La Crosse who is passionate about Laux Hall, music, and girls.

How would you describe your first 2.5 months here?

“I am hyped but so stressed. Can I play music please?”

Why choose uw la crosse?

“Perfect medium between too big and too small.”

What song are you playing?

“A Bon Iver album- the whole thing.”

What is the favorite thing you’ve done in La Crosse so far?

“My favorite thing I’ve done in La Crosse so far is hanging out with people and making new friends.”

Would you say there’s a lot of cool people in La Crosse?

“I would say that the majority of the people in La Crosse are cool people.”

Would you say you’re a cool person, yourself?

“Um I think of myself as cool…yeah I can be cool.”

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

“Um, my style such as my vocabulary…um the clothes that I wear, um, the things I do.”

What do you do?

“I longboard a lot.”

That’s cool, are you a part of the longboarding SIG we have in Laux Hall?

“I am not apart of that SIG. It’s too mainstream for me. I am more of a hipster.”

So tell me about your music taste!

“I’m super into indie alternative music. I would say that right now the band I’ve been listening to a lot is Bon Iver. It’s killer music, really great music to make out to- I know from experience for the record. And overall I would say Twenty One Pilots and The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die are my persona but right now Bon Iver is me.”

So music is a big part of your life?

“Music is my number one.”

Tell me about your best concert experience.

“My best concert experience was actually my own concert, I played at the Nightmare Cometh Music Festival in Kettle Moraine. We were the second act- we performed at 5:30. The reason why I loved it so much is because I was able to make an impression on a lot of people at once and I was able to open up a lot of people to different music tastes.”

That’s really cool, I like that answer. So we’re only 2 months into freshman year, what do you hope to happen throughout the rest of this school year?

“Well, I really hope that I get a girlfriend. That’s priority. Well, I mean I’m not like looking for one but if it comes I wouldn’t be against it. Um also I would like to get good grades but I would also like to get more involved.”

Awesome. Thank you Billy so much for your time. “Make sure you follow me on Twitter: chillbil- alright bye.”

Besides being one of the shortest freshman at UW La Crosse, Marissa has passions for polka dotted umbrellas and pizza for breakfast.