7 Ways To Bring Christmas To College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Lax chapter.

The holidays are just around the corner, which means that Christmas is not far away. With November flying by and December coming up quick, that means that it is also time for finals. To take a break from the stress, here are ten things you can do to get yourself into the holiday spirit:

1. Decorate your dorm/apartment/house.

Nothing gets you in the mood for Christmas more than coming home to a holiday themed atmosphere. 

2. Have the Christmas carols on full volume.

Sing “Jingle Bells” at the top of your lungs while dancing around your floor in Christmas themed fuzzy socks.

3. Drink a good old cocoaccino.

Sip hot chocolate all day and for a boost of energy and a dash of holiday spirit add coffee and a peppermint candy cane.

4. Shop at Target.

Walk down the Christmas aisles at Target and just embrace the holiday spirit. 

5. Go and see the Rotary lights down by the Riverside. 

Tune into the assigned station and drive or walk through the lights programed to some of your favorite Christmas classics. 

6. Organize a Secret Santa with friends.

Start out your Christmas giving with buying a little something for your friends. Place all your names in a hat and assign the entire group a budget and from there shop away! 

7. Plan a Christmas dinner for you and your friends.

Sit back and enjoy a quality meal with your second family before you separate for about a month.
Hi my name is Madi! I am a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse as a Communications major. I love to sing, dance, play tennis, workout, cuddle my dog, and hang with my floor mates. I am a traveler and hope to visit all of Europe before I die.