This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Although it just snowed up here in Vermont, April is well on its way, which in my mind means it’s springtime. And boy, do I have spring fever. 

I feel like it’s too early to start listening to my summer playlist, though, especially when it’s still 30 degrees out. So, that got me thinking of making a spring playlist, which I’ve never made before. Now that I’ve made it, I’m 100% in spring mode while listening to these songs.

And when I say spring songs, I’m very particular about what I mean. These songs are not on my summer playlist, because spring and summer are two very different feelings. Spring can be moody, dark, rainy days in April when all you want to do is stay inside and watch movies all day, or it can be walking around your neighborhood when all the snow is melting, the flowers are just beginning to bloom, and life seems like it’s gonna be alright. 

If you’re particular like me and need playlists for each season, or if you’re just looking for new music, here are some songs that remind me of spring that I’ve had on repeat lately.

1. “Acolyte” by Slaughter Beach, Dog

This song is so romantic, it honestly gives me butterflies. 

2. “Les Fleurs” by Minnie Riperton

“Les Fleurs” is French, and it literally translates to flowers. I know, “florals for spring? Groundbreaking,” but it’s not just the title, this song has a light and airy feel to it, mostly due to Minnie Riperton’s unique voice. Although it also reminds me of the ending of the movie Us, it still has that springtime quality to it that makes me unable to stop listening. 

3. “Astrovan” by Mt. Joy

Great vibes, driving on Friday evening with the windows down. 

4. “Lady May” by Tyler Childers 

Another pretty love song for my fellow hopeless romantics.

5. “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson 

Perfect song for a rainy Sunday morning.

6. “Bloom” by The Paper Kites 

Again with the flowers, but you can’t deny that any songs having to do with flowers immediately remind you of spring.

7. “Retrograde” by Maggie Rogers 

I honestly could have put a lot of Maggie Rogers’ songs on this playlist. I’m a huge Maggie Rogers fan, but “Retrograde” above all the others really reminds me of spring. 

8. “Silk Chiffon” by MUNA feat. Phoebe Bridgers 

I’m sure you’ve heard this one on TikTok, and the pre-chorus has definitely gotten stuck in your head: “Life’s so fun, life’s so fun/Got my miniskirt and my rollerblades on.” “Silk Chiffon” is such a fun song to listen to while walking around campus when it’s nice out.

9. “April Come She Will” by Simon & Garfunkel 

I love this song, definitely a rainy day song, soft and relaxing! 

10. “These Words” Natasha Bedingfield 

An early 2000’s staple, you’ve probably loved this song since you were eight years old. It’s so fun and uplifting. 

11. “Between Two Lungs” by Florence and the Machine 

Just a really great song that makes me feel very witchy and connected to nature, also very fun to dance to!

12. “The Rain Song” and “Tangerine” by Led Zeppelin

I had to include both because they’re just that good. It’s called classic rock for a reason!

13. “The Bug Collector” by Haley Heynderickx 

Another great rainy day song! 

**Edited by: Addison Molloy

Hi, I'm Jane! I'm a sophomore Public Communications major at UVM. I hope to work in advertising, P.R., or marketing in the future. I love to write and have always been interested in journalism, and even considered it as a career path at one point. I love art, specifically photography, and I'm very passionate about music.