Kiss & Tell: Letting Love Find You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Stop looking for love! Here are some tips for letting love find you:

1.Keep an open mind

Don’t evaluate every date as the potential “one”. You may have an image in your head of what the perfect partner is to you, but in reality who that person ends up being may be completely different from what you imagined. Don’t go looking for a perfect candidate but rather keep an open mind as to who your possible partner may be.

2.Patience will bring you the right person

When you’re searching for love, you’re more likely to look for it in anyone you can find. With patience the right person will eventually find you. Rushing into things can lead you to be vulnerable to falling for the wrong person.

3.There’s so much more to life

Being so focused on finding love can lead you to miss out on so many other experiences in your life. When you’re not in a relationship you have so much more time to focus on your friends, hobbies, and passions. Take the time you have to enjoy those and let the right person enter your life at the right time.

4.Create friendships, not relationships

Looking for love can lead you to analyze every person as the perfect partner. By doing so you may be missing out on some outstanding individuals even if they’re not the one for you. Focus on building friendships and surround yourself with people you want to spend time with. In the process you’ll gain great friendships and may even realize that someone you initially dismissed is the one for you.