This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

By: Ella Farrell

Like most girls, fall is my favorite season. I go head-over-heels for cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice, and ugg boots. However, I have not always been that way. Loving fall is a somewhat recent development in my personality. I used to resent the changing of the seasons– trading out sundresses for jeans while cursing the early sunsets. But something has changed within me! I am all-in fall this year. In honor of my new-found love of the season, here are all of my favorite parts of fall. 

1. Sad Taylor Swift Music 

Taylor Swift IS the music industry. Or at least, she is one of my most-played artists during the fall season. I mean RED and folklore are just meant to be listened to while the leaves change color. The opening bars of All Too Well (10 minute version) are the soundtrack to my walks through campus. 

1. Hot drinks and Sweaters 

I’ll admit it– I am an iced coffee fiend. But when the temperature drops and the leaves start falling, there’s nothing better than a hot drink. Some of my go-tos are hot chai, hot matcha, and classic cappuccinos. Bonus points if you drink one while walking across campus in your coziest sweater. 

1. Gilmore Girls 

This goes without saying– the best show of all time has got allll the fall vibes we need. Whether you’re watching for comfort characters or study motivation, this show is such a pleasure of fall. And can we talk about the soundtrack?? There is truly nothing like Gilmore Girls. 

1. Pumpkin Spice 

Nothing screams fall like pumpkin spice. Whether you’re a PSL girl or not, there’s no denying that cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are the scents of the season. Personally, I like pumpkin spice everything– from coffee to baked goods and back. If pumpkin is too much for you, a little sprinkle of cinnamon adds just a touch of festivity to practically anything.

1. Fall Foliage 

While it’s still too early in the season to watch the leaves change, the promise of this gorgeous color palette is something to look forward to this season. Driving out of town to admire the landscape is one of my favorite fall activities. If you’re in the Burlington area, try the App Gap for some STUNNING views. 

All in all, fall is a beautiful season. As a former fall-hater, I am learning to embrace the changing of the seasons (even if it just means re-watching Gilmore Girls and drinking hot coffee).

Hi! My name is Ella Farrell and I am a third-year student at UVM. I'm majoring in Public Communications with a concentration in Community Media & Journalism. I write about mental health, food, travel, and pop culture.