Style

What you didn’t know you needed from Amazon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Sometimes Amazon packages present themselves like mini life improvements or day-makers that can arrive in 1-2 days and for that reason I introduce to you the following little knick knacks:

Foam Roller

eIcm5sX2pHEjyYX1gS1VMfEbRSZcaNSxZRr vSJLj3nI OrQtMWlQow351tadYJlvcQY9Alw

From the day that I purchased this, I have used it everyday and every night. I would call it a self massage. Fits so perfectly in any room, is portable and I can’t go a day without it. Although I act like I’m a pro-athlete with the amount I use it and how much it’s a game changer, coupled with a nice few minute stretch everyday. Put on some meditative music with it and call it a meditation. It’s that fun blue looking device in this picture.

A book light that clips on

I always tried to read at night, but the vibes never seem to be right. I think a problem a lot of times we face is not wanting big, overhead lights or powerful lamps to be on for our cozy, romanticized before-bed reading sessions. This night light totally changed that, I travel with it since it’s that portable and easy, just clip it on and fall right asleep as you snuggle your book before calling it a night. 

A Himalayan salt night lamp

Going along with bringing that spa feeling to your own home, this little item makes showers, baths, and your skincare routine a whole other experience. Differently from that harsh bathroom lighting a lot of us find in our college housing, this creates the peaceful, warm toned ambiance that we all want for our toiletry centered, self care activities. 

Face ice roller

Simply put, a depuffing, soothing facial device that you can just place in your freezer and use all over your face to give you that cooling, just paid for an expensive spa treatment on this busy Monday morning feeling. I look forward to this everyday. 

Beer can coffee glass

They’re clear and dare I say, aesthetic despite the dubious name. Although these can be pricy, they have that Crate and Barrel city apartment, “main character”, feeling which we all need a little bit of. Pour your morning coffee into these and honestly just feel like an adult. Look these up and trust me.

Reusable straws

aUalaBirb8R6ZkRjm3gKdindGhD6hR aJ650PIu1Xwfcd6b3TryXIVJtIucdvYHF 74tCMGbRxYH Y2ZLRP3DBN1b4cUfMr9RF4uePQ D3eaf NfjseRgbNqckbVp4MTP7ZbAEw4

Keeping with the same theme I set above, put these into your daily cold brew that is in your can glass to be environmentally conscious and to romanticize your caffeine ritual a bit. Highly recommend metal or glass.

Tea bag organizer

These next to have the same idea of organization which truly is such a good form of serotonin. Same thing as decluttering, just any form of getting your life together is super relaxing and satisfying. Although this is definitely on a small scale of that process, displaying your tea bags in an Amazon clear little container is fun and encourages you to drink more tea.

Pantry organizer

Still on our organizing game, putting your pasta into clear containers just simply feels like you have it all figured out, as weird as that sounds. My oats are in a clear jar, my life is together. Easy equation. And it just looks great!

Night sky light

Wind down with this blue starry light, seriously. It’s both cozy and ethereal and just makes for the perfect night vibe. Even if your room is on the simple side, adding this just gives it the coolest effect, and you can literally just grab it on Amazon!

Moleskin dotted journal

Use this adorable journal for personal journaling or classes or anything in between. They have so many colors and the little dotted ones just make you feel so organized and creative in a weird way. Ultimately, super cool mood booster and fun purchase to either up your school or personal development games.

Laptop table

This one is dangerous since I have definitely slipped into doing work in my bed a bit too much, but this just makes it so easy! I have a wood one and you can definitely also use it or watching Netflix or making to-do lists or perhaps your other tasks, is that so bad? Just a cozier work from home. 

Journey to the heart book

Daily little meditations that are such a great start or end to your day. They make you think and really can just clear your mind and boost your mood. Highly recommend!

Hope I have provided you with some inspiration, in one way or another, which you may have not thought you needed. Ultimately, these can function either to elevate your daily routine or to be simple upgrades to your daily surroundings and rituals. Either way, I recommend that you run, not walk, to your prized Amazon account as a form of self-care today which we all know is a fun one to indulge in. Trust me!

My name is Julia Cloppse, I am a third year at UVA and I'm from Staten Island, New York!