Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell / Prime Video

What I am Looking Forward to in April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

March has flown by— it felt like I woke up one morning and it was suddenly April. I suppose that is the blur of midterm season. Despite the chaos of the semester in full swing, we are enjoying longer and warmer days. There is so much to look forward to in this month and beyond—here are some things that are carrying me through this month.

1. Trying the Rare Beauty Lip Oil

Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty just launched a tinted lip oil.  The shades have uplifting names like “Happy,” “Hope,” and “Joy.” I am obsessed with Rare Beauty—both in terms of its fabulous products and its supportive message. I am looking forward to giving the new lip oil a try because I firmly believe Selena Gomez would never lead us astray. I have a feeling this is going to sell out quickly, so I have my fingers crossed Sephora will still have some in stock.

1. Watching “Daisy Jones & The Six”

I know I am late to this, but I really hope to get around to watching Season 1 this month. Based on Taylor Jenkin Reid’s bestselling-novel, I have extremely high hopes for this series. It seems like everyone is talking about it, so I must get in on the conversation. Even Free People has launched their own capsule collection based on the series, and the looks are gorgeous.

1. Seeing the number assignments on my syllabi shrink

I think this is one of the best feelings. I love checking off due dates from my syllabi—seeing how far I have come over the course of the semester is encouraging. It gives me a boost of confidence for the end of the semester because it reminds me of everything I am capable of doing—even when I feel like doing nothing. The last day of class is truly right around the corner.

1. The return of weather appropriate for dresses

I love wearing dresses for two reasons—they are cute, and they require minimal effort. The dress is the complete outfit; there is no need to find the perfect top that matches your favorite jeans. By taking out a level of the decision-making process of getting ready for the day, my mind can focus on other things. I especially love the exercise dress trend because it is perfect for walking around Grounds.

While these are just four of the reasons that I am looking forward to April, there are many other things to look forward to. I encourage you to think of a few reasons you are ready for a fresh start this month—sometimes something that seems small can make a big difference in your mindset.

Elizabeth Parsons is a staff writer at the University of Virginia’s HerCampus chapter. She joined the team during the 2022-2023 academic year. Elizabeth is from Virginia Beach, VA, where she has lived for her whole life. As a third-year student with a passion for reading and writing, she is studying both English and French. She is also the Senior Associate of The Cavalier Daily’s Life Desk, which focuses on content specific to student life at UVA — including features of student events and organizations, food-related articles, student columns, and top 10 lists. Beyond HerCampus, Elizabeth loves sipping oat milk lattes, strolling through bookstores, reading the latest issue of The New Yorker, playing Wordle, swimming, going to the beach, and watching reality TV— especially Below Deck Down Under. She is always looking for book recommendations, and she loves talking about her latest reads. After spending last summer in London, she is eager to return — and plans to move to London eventually. She is looking forward to another year with HerCampus and to sharing a mix of all her passions with readers. From the best lip gloss to her tips for studying abroad, Elizabeth is excited to share about all the things that matter to her.