The Best Artists To Listen To While Enjoying The Foliage Around Grounds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Let me start by saying that my first autumn at UVA has not disappointed. As I walked around Grounds these past few weeks, I have been in awe. I’d like to think that if there were an award for the prettiest foliage, UVA would get first place. Even though college life isn’t always easy, seeing the most gorgeous foliage on the walks to class makes it a whole lot better. If you’re looking to elevate your autumn class commutes, look no further! Here are some of the best artists to listen to while enjoying the foliage on grounds.

Girl in Red

Girl In Red is essentially the queen of autumn. One of her most popular songs, “We fell in love in October” will give you all the cozy autumn feels. If you want to envision yourself in a cozy autumn movie this is the artist for you.

Jorja Smith

British singer, Jorja Smith is one of the only few artists who has earned the badge of “no skips” on my playlist. One of the most comforting things about her voice is the smoothness and storytelling quality it has. Although her new album “Falling or Flying” is beautiful, her debut album “Lost and Found” always has a special place in my heart. I fondly remember watching the leaves fall as I drank hot chocolate in my parents’ kitchen. Ah, simpler times.

Cleo Soul

When Cleo Soul dropped “Know That You Are Loved” it felt like the warm hug I never knew I needed. What better way to explore the beauty of Grounds than to have an angelic voice in your ear? Her latest project, “Gold” will make your strolls or speed walks to class feel effortless.

The Internet

Whenever I just want to chill out and take my mind off the woes of coursework, I always turn on something by The Internet. Their ability to blend different genres of music together is both impressive and what makes them so unique. Songs like “It Gets Better (With Time)” and “Girl” are the perfect vibes to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the changing seasons.

Claire Tate is a first year writer at the HerCampus UVA chapter. She intends to major in Foreign Affairs and Public Policy. Outside of HerCampus she enjoys cooking, hanging out with her friends, and working out.