Spring Into the Latest Trends of the Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Spring is upon us! This means we have incredibly beautiful weather, the end of the school year is drawing near, and we have new fashion trends to look forward to! Some tried and true spring trends have returned as well as some new trends to try out this season! Update your wardrobe with the latest trends – or search through your closet and bust out any pieces you already own that fit in with Spring 2016’s hottest looks!

Bold and bright stripes: Color has always been a staple and a sign of warmer months – and fun patterns. Stripes have always been a wearable trend and this season calls for the pattern to be bolder and brighter! If you are looking for a way to stand out from the sea of florals, bold and bright stripes are the way to go!

Thin Pleats: It looks like we have moved away from larger pleats in favor of thinner, sharper pleats for spring! Pleats are always an eye-catching addition to an article of clothing, but whether it be a lightwight dress or skirt, they always look great as temperatures climb!

Fringe: This has been a hot trend for a few seasons and it looks like fringe is here to stay for a while. Who wouldn’t want to walk around with fringe swishing from their skirts, bags, and boots? It’s so fun and unexpected!

Ruffles: What better trend to echo the romanticness of spring than ruffles? Delicate and soft, ruffles are a great way to add a feminine touch to your outfits.

Like with all fashion seasons, trends come and go – or stay as we see with some of the popular trends for spring! Stores will be a buzz with them so be on the lookout for these trends on your next shopping trip!

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!