This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Over the past few months, Rare Beauty has taken over my TikTok For-You-Page. More specifically, the Rare Beauty blush seemed to be everywhere I looked—I was immediately intrigued by this cult-favorite beauty line created by Selena Gomez, but it admittedly took me a long time to try the products myself.

I finally found myself browsing a Sephora on a beautiful and sunny Friday afternoon when I had a discussion section canceled. I decided to finally give Rare Beauty a go—treating myself to the Soft Pinch Liquid Blush in the shade “Happy” and the Stay Vulnerable Glossy Lip Balm in the shade “Nearly Rose.”

The lip balm has quickly become an everyday staple for me. I love the glossy finish on my lips, I love the shade, and I love that it also makes my lips feel hydrated. I have been devoted to plumping lip glosses for the past year, but the Rare Beauty lip gloss is a welcomed change of pace from the tingling and burning of the Too Faced Lip Injection Plumping Lip Gloss.

The Rare Beauty liquid blush took me longer to get acquainted with—I was slightly intimidated by the TikToks warning that you only need to use a super tiny dot for it to work. These TikToks are true—you only need the tiniest amount of the blush for a rosy finish. I was amazed by the strength of the Rare Beauty liquid blush; it truly lasts all day.

I look forward to trying other products by Rare Beauty, like the tinted moisturizer. In addition to having phenomenal makeup products, Rare Beauty uses its platform to support communities—a portion of Rare Beauty sales are directed towards supporting access to mental health resources.

The verdict is in: Rare Beauty makes fantastic makeup products and has a fantastic message about the importance of mental health—what more could I ask for in a makeup company? 

Elizabeth Parsons is a staff writer at the University of Virginia’s HerCampus chapter. She joined the team during the 2022-2023 academic year. Elizabeth is from Virginia Beach, VA, where she has lived for her whole life. As a third-year student with a passion for reading and writing, she is studying both English and French. She is also the Senior Associate of The Cavalier Daily’s Life Desk, which focuses on content specific to student life at UVA — including features of student events and organizations, food-related articles, student columns, and top 10 lists. Beyond HerCampus, Elizabeth loves sipping oat milk lattes, strolling through bookstores, reading the latest issue of The New Yorker, playing Wordle, swimming, going to the beach, and watching reality TV— especially Below Deck Down Under. She is always looking for book recommendations, and she loves talking about her latest reads. After spending last summer in London, she is eager to return — and plans to move to London eventually. She is looking forward to another year with HerCampus and to sharing a mix of all her passions with readers. From the best lip gloss to her tips for studying abroad, Elizabeth is excited to share about all the things that matter to her.