This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

It’s officially fall. We all know what that means. Not the leaves changing or the temperature dropping, no, all those things aside. Fall means pumpkin everything. So here’s your instruction manual on how to immerse yourself in the pumpkin spirit using the 5 senses as a guide.

Pumpkin Hand and Body Scrub – TOUCH

A fall spa day is in the cards for you. And here’s the perfect way to get started. As the temperature drops and skin dries, it’s so important to give yourself a little extra (pumpkin-themed) love. Combine brown sugar, pumpkin puree, safflower oil, and pumpkin spice to make a luxurious and exfoliating hand and body scrub (recipe here). It’s so on brand for fall and it will leave your skin smooth to the touch. You simply have to make this!

OUTRAGEOUS PUMPKINS – SIGHT

Imagine your favorite reality TV show… got it? Good. Now keep imagining, but instead of a Bachelor-style journey to finding love or a hectic battle in the kitchen, contestants compete in a pumpkin carving extravaganza. Intrigued? Thought so. Outrageous Pumpkins is peak entertainment. I highly suggest you put it on your must-watch list.

PUMPKIN PLAYLISTS – HEARING

I am a huge Spotify playlist-maker. I have a set mix for every mood and event, so I implore you to make a pumpkin playlist, as strange as I’m sure that sounds. Find songs remnant of fall and pumpkin pie induced food comas; my suggestions to get you started are Cleopatra by the Lumineers, Easy by the Commodores, and SKY by Russ. A pumpkin playlist makes for great study music and is sure to get you excited for the season ahead.

CANDLES & DIFFUSERS – SMELL

I love a good fall candle moment, and the Bath & Body Works Spiced Pumpkin & Patchouli candle is the perfect scent and decor for any room… that, is except a dorm room. If you live on grounds and can’t do the whole candle thing, I highly recommend a Pura diffuser. Nest makes a lovely Pumpkin Chai refill for the diffuser, and it’s dorm approved! Win-win :)

BREADS & BEVS – TASTE

Where do I even start when it comes to pumpkin-flavored foods and drinks? Okay, pumpkin spice lattes are an obvious one, but I am definitely partial to the Starbucks chai latte with pumpkin cold foam. And what better to pair it with than homemade pumpkin bread?! If that recipe is a little too involved for your busy schedule, here’s a delicious alternative: Pillsbury Pumpkin Spice Rolls. They are life changing and require very minimal effort.

It’s safe to say the word pumpkin has lost all it’s meaning by now, but I hope you try some of these recipes/pumpkin suggestions :) Happy fall, y’all!

Sophie is a second year from Chevy Chase, MD. She is a double major in Philosophy and Cognitive Science at UVA. She loves reading and writing, reality TV (especially Love Island UK), Waffle House, and listening to all different kinds of music… typically while singing along very poorly :)