Style > Beauty

Prada’s Paradoxe Intense Perfume is Definitely Date-Night Approved

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Last Thursday, I was lucky enough to receive a sample of the new Prada Paradoxe Intense perfume, which had very kindly been gifted to the University of Virginia’s Her Campus staff by Prada themselves. Coincidentally, I was asked by a male friend of mine to “watch a movie” later that night— and before you start jumping to conclusions, we genuinely did watch a movie together (A Few Good Men, in case you were wondering). However, before he picked me up, I realized I didn’t own any perfume, so I hurriedly doused my entire body with the Prada sample I’d been given.

Well, when I slipped into the passenger seat of his car, he went wide-eyed, and the first words out of his mouth were “You smell really good.” The seductive amber notes of the fragrance lasted all night, and when he drove me home the next morning, I could still smell it on my clothes. Safe to say that I may be purchasing a full-sized bottle in the future.

Leilani Johnson is a a writer at the Her Campus at University of Virginia chapter. She is a transfer student within the university, and is majoring in English with a minor in Drama. At her previous school of attendance, Pace University, Leilani published several original short stories, poems, and paintings for the school's literary arts magazine called CHROMA. She has a passion for makeup and cosmetics, and has worked as a makeup artist at both Sephora and Ulta Beauty. Outside of school, Leilani enjoys watching films in her free time. Some of her favorites are Titanic, Goodfellas, Memento, and When Harry Met Sally. She has a passion for cooking (though she is not very good at it), and has a plethora of food content videos saved on her phone. In the future, she plans to be an actress and a novelist.