This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The leaves are changing, you’re wearing jeans instead of shorts, and pumpkin spice everything is back in season, which can only mean one thing… fall is here!  We’re already halfway through the semester and fall break is just around the corner.  When you’re not studying for midterms, here are a few ways to make the most of your two days off of school.

If you’re going home:

1)    Spend time with your family! 

Make an effort to not lock yourself in your room or be out of the house the entire time you’re home.  You won’t get to see them very often while you’re in college, so take advantage of it this weekend.

2)    Eat some delicious home cooking! 

If either of your parents cooks, ask them to make one of your favorite meals.  You know it’ll be a nice break from dining hall food.  It’s worth a shot!

If you’re staying in Charlottesville:

3)    Do some exploring! 

Do things around the city that you’ve always wanted to do but felt like you haven’t had time for.  Go hiking, pick apples at Carter Mountain, or walk around the Downtown Mall.

Everybody:

4)    Catch up with friends!

Use this free time to hang out with friends that you haven’t seen in a while.

5)    Relax! 

Watch some Netflix, bake, go shopping, or do whatever it is you do to chill out.

6)    Sleep!

No 9 AM classes, no alarm, no rules.  Dream away.

Sarah is a fourth year media studies major and Spanish minor at UVA who is admittedly way too obsessed with pop culture.  Wahoowa!  
Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!