Joshua Leidy ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

What is your name?

Joshua Leidy

Where are you from?

Virginia Beach, VA

What year are you?

Third Year

What is your major?

Kinesiology with a Psychology minor

What are you involved in around grounds?

Around grounds I am involved on the Social committee of Third Year Council, the Social Chair of the Swim Club Team, and currently work as a Sports Medicine Volunteer for the Varsity Swimming & Diving team. I was also just appointed as the Curry Coordinator for ULink.

What is your favorite UVA tradition?

My favorite UVA tradition has to be singing The Good Ole Song. Coming together with the student body, whether we know each other or not, singing at the tops of our lungs and showing our pride for our school is something that gives me chills. Plus, I know that Tech fans hate it, so it makes it that much more sweet.

What is your favorite thing about UVA?

My favorite thing about UVA is the atmosphere that the student body has. We all came from being some of the top students in our respective areas, but I have never met someone who gives off the vibe they are here for themselves. Any student is willing to lend a helping hand wherever it is needed, and that is something I don’t see at my friends’ colleges.

If you could only pick one Charlottesville restaurant to eat at for the rest of you life, what would it be?

I love sushi, and over the winter some friends and I found an all you can eat sushi restaurant. I love the atmosphere that restaurants like this have, just sitting around for hours hanging out with friends and eating delicious food. So if I had to pick one restaurant to eat at for the rest of my life, it would definitely be Sushi King.

Why are you running for Class of 2017 Trustees VP?

I am running for The Class of 2017 Trustees Vice President because I have seen the potential that class council has. I think we have the ability to do some much good for so many people, but we have not scratched the surface yet. I want to help prepare the Class of 2017 for life after UVA and help make our last year, the best year.