This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Photo by Brett Sayles from Pexels

Thanksgiving is in a week and that means those of us who have already been getting in the spirit can finally have our time to shine! I have no shame in listening to holiday music before December (or doing anything holiday related- literally have already been wearing my Christmas Old Navy pajamas to bed) and also consider myself to be pretty much a Christmas music expert. Therefore, it only felt natural that I create a Christmas playlist to share, complete with both new songs and the holiday classics. 

Photo by fotografierende from Pexels

This playlist has some notable new Christmas songs and some more recent covers of classic songs we all know and love to get you in the holly jolly spirit. A personal favorite of mine is Pentatonix’s version of “Where Are You Christmas,” a nostalgic throwback to little Cindy Lou Who (or should we say Cindy Lou Hoo!!) and the Grinch. The Jonas Brothers’ “Like It’s Christmas” is an upbeat song that made cleaning my room actually sort-of maybe fun; and no Christmas playlist is complete without Justin Bieber’s “Mistletoe,” of course! 

Photo by Eftodii Aurelia from Pexels

Though recently there have been a few wonderful new Christmas songs, no holiday season is truly festive without some oldies and classics. “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” sung by Frank Sinatra is never to be forgotten nor is “White Christmas” sung by Bing Crosby. “Wonderful Christmastime” by Paul McCartney is one of my favorites every single year. Don’t forget to get in the spirit with “Blue Christmas” sung by Elvis Presley and “Last Christmas” by Wham!

And, if you’re missing UVA a little too much this winter break, sing your heart out to the Hullabahoos’ versions of “Silent Night” and “All I Want for Christmas is You.” These are from 2013, so Hullabahoos, if you’re reading this… you have some Christmas music to record! The people need it. 

Happy Holidays and happy listening!

Spotify Playlist*

Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!
Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!