This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether you’re on top of the game and already shopping for gifts for the holidays, or you’re usually one to wait until the week of, or you have a lot of friends and family with November and December birthdays, here are some gift ideas that are sure to be liked by a wide variety of people!

College Merch

Whether it’s for your friends or for your parents, there are tons of styles and options to choose from – no matter the price range! You can go with something simple and inexpensive, like a keychain or mug, or you can spring for a jersey or jacket. Some of my favorites are winter hats, quarter zips, or the classic sweatshirts and t-shirts.

Spa Kit

This one is super cute, yet can be pretty inexpensive and a very much appreciated gift! You can get a little basket or just a gift bag and fill it up with face masks, nail polish, a spa headband, a face roller, bath bombs, some skincare items, or whatever else you want to add to make it a more personalized gift!

Jewelry 

Although this one is quite common (I tend to get jewelry as a gift for all my friends), it is still a great gift! Necklaces with their initial or birthstone are always cute, or you can get them a few stackable anklets or bracelets.

Spotify or Apple Music Subscription

Since this holiday season will be a bit different than in past years and some of us might not be able to be physically together, getting something online that they will definitely use during this time will likely be well received! You could even make them a customized playlist as well as an added surprise!

Face Masks

This would normally be an odd gift, but obviously given the times we are living in, this gift would definitely be a useful one, or a good addition to another gift! There are so many options out there on Etsy, Amazon, and other retailers.

Room Decor

This gift would likely be better suited for someone that you know a little better, since sometimes room decor is tricky to get for someone else! However, it can be a really good gift! Posters, plants, or, for those who are more creative, homemade room decor would be an amazing gift for a friend or sibling! And if they don’t already have string lights or LEDs in their room, definitely pick some up for them!

Candles

This is a good option for really anyone! Candles are good for any season, and they give a certain ambiance to any room that I just love! There are many, many different places to get candles from, but some of my favorites are Bath and Body Works (check out their holiday scents!) and Yankee Candle.

Gift Cards

If you’re truly stuck on what to get someone, you can’t go wrong with just getting a gift card! You can get a Visa gift card so they can shop anywhere they’d like, or you can get one to their favorite store or restaurant! Write a nice card to go with it, and I’m sure they’ll love it!

Julia is a second-year at the University of Virginia majoring in Speech Communication Disorders, and she plans on becoming a pediatric speech-language pathologist. In her free time, she loves hanging out with her friends and playing sports (mostly basketball and soccer). She's also addicted to shopping and bingeing the same shows on Netflix (Gossip Girl and Jane the Virgin are some of her favs!). She enjoys writing as a creative outlet and hopes you like her articles!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!