Her Campus’ Declassified Fall Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Crunchy Leaves. Cozy Fires. Endless Pumpkin Spice Lattes. These are a few things that come to mind when thinking about the fall season. If the mid-semester stress is killing your autumnal vibes, here are some essentials that will keep you in the fall spirit and prepare you for all of the fun festivities ahead!

Candles

A candle a day keeps the bad vibes away! This was proven true throughout the treacherous midterm season. Lighting your favorite candle instantly creates the perfect zen zone to relieve all your worries (even if it’s only temporary)! Burn your favorite candles, watch your favorite show on Netflix, and have a relaxing night in to recuperate from the long week!

Chunky Scarves

The pressure of school may get you down, but your fashion sense will never fail you. Scarves are perfect for fall because they keep you toasty and instantly dress up any outfit! Scarves are an essential accessory of the season, so take advantage and embrace the warmth of your favorite scarves while you can! Wrap up in your coziest scarf and hit the town with your girls!

Fairy Lights

How do we escalate the fall feels? We add fairy lights to the mix, of course! String some fairy lights around your room for a perfectly cozy and calm atmosphere! Fairy lights always seem to brighten the mood (pun intended). After plugging in these bad boys, everyone will ditch a night out to sleep under the warm tones of your fairy lights!

The Perfect Pair of PJ’s

What else are you going to wear on your movie nights with the girls? Treat yourself to the perfect pair of pajamas! There’s nothing better than changing into your pj’s after a grueling day of school. Pop some popcorn, snuggle with your bffs, and watch a Halloween movie for the perfect treat!

Pumpkin Spice…EVERYTHING

Lattes. Cookies. Ice cream. Cereal. Any comfort food you can think of just got amped up about five notches! Pumpkin spice is oddly powerful. It makes everything a million times more delicious! Maybe it’s a spice the witches brew?

In my opinion, fall is the best season. It’s a time where I come alive and thrive! It offers the greatest weather, fashion, food, and, let’s not forget, holidays! With these essentials, you will effortlessly fall into the autumn spirit!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!