Style > Beauty

Everything You Need to Know About Essence Cosmetics

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

What is essence Cosmetics?

Essence Cosmetics is a German based beauty brand. They are cruelty free and do not test on animals They also went 100% vegan in 2022. They are very reasonably priced, with products as low as $2.99 due to the company’s commitment to fair prices. They also give a portion of their sales to several charities and initiatives in order to give back, so you can feel a little less guilty having a shopping spree with their products. Essence is considered drugstore makeup, but don’t let this trick you. Essence has high quality products for low prices, however, you can’t find it at stores like Walgreens or Walmart. You can shop Essence Cosmetics at Ulta Beauty or on their brand website.

What products do they have?

Essence has a variety of makeup and skincare products including but not limited to: eyeliner, mascara, eyelash primer, eyeshadows, concealers, lip care, blush, nail products, and setting sprays.

My top Essence products

Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara

• The entire Lash Princess Mascara line by Essence is amazing, and they work better than my Tarte and Too Faced mascaras. They are only $4.99 at Ulta, so you can buy a few different ones to see which brush you like best. I prefer this mascara because it lengthens lashes with just one coat, and it is super easy to apply. It does not clump up and it won’t irritate your eyes. This mascara is a quality mascara for everyday wear or add an extra coat for a night out to give you even more volume. They also have this mascara in a waterproof version if that’s what you prefer. 01d9f588 185e 4af0 9614 a3732d29d401 1.2f477ebfcdf73189f7f24337a024ee1f

Lip Care Booster Lip Serum

• This lovely lip serum contains 10% peach oil, and it the perfect addition to an AM skincare routine or it’s great for simple application throughout the day. This lip serum is available at Ulta for $4.99, and it moisturizes, plumps and boosts your lips. The peach oil in it also makes it smell very nice on your lips. I have noticed a big difference since using this because my lips stay moisturized for longer and do not become chapped as easily. The brush makes it super easy to apply, and once it is on it looks like a clear lip gloss on your lips.

essence lip care booster lip serum 10 ml

Coral Me Maybe Eyeshadow Palette

• This eyeshadow palette by Essence comes with six colors. The palette has mostly different hues of pink or gold and it is only $4! This palette is super easy to use and they also have other mini palettes with different colors if coral isn’t your thing. This is my personal favorite because I love pink and the colors have a great pigment and are very easy to apply. The palette gives you the colors to do a very simple or very complicated eye look, so it’s great for beginners or more advanced makeup artists.

1660468950893 070365439COR015.thumb

The important takeaway is that Essence has a variety of great products for cheap prices. I encourage you to go to Ulta and check out all their products and find what out what works best for you! This brand is such a great find, and I hope you all love it as much as I do!

Gabriella is a third-year majoring in History and Archaeology with a Spanish minor. She hopes to attend law school in the future and is passionate about repatriation, restorative justice, and sexual respect. She currently serves as the HerCampusatUVA's Campus Correspondent/Vice President! In Gabriella's free time, she enjoys reading fantasy books, working out, traveling, and finding new music to listen to! Around grounds, she is also involved with her sorority and CORE (Culture of Respect Educators)!