This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

As Halloween approaches next weekend, here are some ideas for costumes that you can do with a few friends. I’m not sure what I predict will be the most popular costume this year, especially as a trio costume, but there may be others like Barbie that a lot of people will do in celebration of the movie that came out this summer. Trio costumes are usually more consistent from year to year. Thinking of costume ideas for trios, you can either do a costume that actually is supposed to be only three people or you can pick three versions of a costume from a range of group costumes. 

Starting with the first category, there are Mean Girls in the iconic pink outfits, the three blind mice in the all-black outfits, Peaky Blinders in sexy businesswear, Charlie’s Angels in the all-black outfits, Kiss Marry and Kill in red white and black outfits, Powerpuff Girls, The Sun Moon and Stars, Sanderson sisters, The three musketeers, and the chipmunks from Alvin and the Chipmunks. 

There are way more options for the second category because these can be any three options from a wide variety of costumes. You can pick from the Cheetah Girls, Monster High, the Strawberry Shortcake Characters, Princesses from Disney using corsets, Bratz girls, Fairies, Superheroes from Marvel, Scooby-Doo characters, Heathers, Victoria’s Secret angels, prep or frat boys, The Incredibles characters, and Toy Story aliens.

Those are some ideas for Trio costumes for this Halloween! You can get really creative with these ideas or look up inspiration from various places such as Pinterest, TikTok, or Google. A lot of these costumes can also be tweaked to fit a sexy look or you can just wear the costume as it is naturally. I’m curious to see what everyone wears this year and I hope you all have a happy Halloween :)

Hi! My name is Roba Metwally and I am a third year student at the University of Virginia. I am on a Pre-Law path, therefore, I am majoring in Political Philosophy, Policy, and Law and minoring in Public Policy and Leadership in the Frank Batten School at UVA. I want to go into criminal law by helping the wrongfully convicted and eventually having my own firm. Outside of her campus, I am a Co-director of Student Legal Services under Student Council, a Resident Advisor for UVA housing and residence life, a member of SWAP@UVA and a member of the Egyptian Student Association. I am from Fairfax Station, Virginia but I have lived in Canada and England. I'm Egyptian and Palestinian. I speak Arabic and a little French. I love traveling and just recently did a study abroad program in Morocco for 2 months. I am the youngest daughter, a night owl, and I love cats!