Style > Beauty

Channel One of These Five Celebs With Your Fashion Choices This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

With back-to-back 75-degree days last week, it certainly feels like spring has finally sprung in Charlottesville. Besides the sunny weather and impending excitement of summer, my favorite part about the change of seasons is definitely the opportunity to update my wardrobe. I don’t know about you, but for me winter is basically just an extended countdown to the day that I can put my sweaters and jackets back into storage where they belong. Bring on the dresses, shorts, and sandals!  

If you’re in need of some new spring style inspo, look no further than the guide below. Thanks to social media, you have the fashion world at your fingertips, and apps like Instagram and Snapchat make it easy to steal your favorite celebrity’s style. Find the fashionista that best matches your personal look, and start following ASAP!

If you are into a laid-back, casual vibe:

Channel Gigi Hadid’s model-off-duty fashion! If you’re not quite ready to part with your favorite pair of cozy leggings, try your hand at the athleisure trend. Gigi mixes sporty pieces like sweatshirts and leggings with trendier accessories for a totally comfortable and replicable day-to-day look.

If you are a girly-girl at heart:

Elle Fanning’s take on floaty floral sundresses is for you. As Queen Miranda Priestly once said, “Florals? For spring? – Groundbreaking!” and though her now-famous phrase was dripping with sarcasm, there’s a reason why flowery prints are a timeless staple. Elle Fanning’s whimsical style is the grown-up version of every girl’s childhood princess fantasy. Take a cue from the picture above and choose unexpected silhouettes and lengths to keep the look fresh.

If you are all about making a statement:

Rihanna’s daring, unexpected style is a fashion risk you might be willing to take. We’ve all seen the memes – “It’s ugly until Rihanna says it isn’t.” While this look may not be for everyone, why not think outside the box when it comes to your clothes? Fashion is a form of self-expression, and above all, something that should be fun!

If you like to keep it classic:

Stick to the basics like Ashley Graham. The stunning swimsuit model tends towards neutral colors and flattering shapes for a look that is always elegant and put-together. You can’t go wrong with a fitted white menswear shirt, light-wash skinny jeans, and a pop-of-color purse.

If you’ve never met a pattern you didn’t like:

Millie Bobby Brown’s Insta feed will provide you with endless inspiration. America’s favorite teen star has been making waves in the fashion world since Stranger Things first launched her into the spotlight back in 2016. With her affinity for matching sets, patterned dresses, and ruffled blouses, she is definitely not your average VS Pink-clad 14-year-old.