This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

It’s hard to think of anyone more recognizable than Cavman. He’s practically a UVA household name. He may very well be one of the biggest celebrities around grounds and although he has a big head, he is as modest as they come. Whether he’s handing out high fives or crowd surfing at a football game, you’re bound to see our spirited mascot showing off some school pride.  Considering it’s very difficult to get Cavman to talk, getting info from him is anything but easy. However, Cavman decided to open up a little bit for Hercampus.

What is your favorite part about representing UVA?
I love seeing all the fans who care about the game as much as I do.  It can really be an inspiring sight. High fives too. Lots of them.

How long have you been at UVA?
I was a student here when the University was first founded in 1819. Back then I was just a normal guy with abnormal amounts of school spirit living in 10 east lawn. I never was able to get away from the magical place that Thomas Jefferson founded. In my 193rd year here, most people ask how I’ve managed to keep looking so good–but when you care for the University as much as I do, it’s almost as if I’ve become one with the place and don’t feel like I’ve aged a day. It’s almost like asking UVA itself how it’s managed to keep looking so good.

What is the most difficult part about representing UVA?
It really is pretty easy representing such an amazing university.  The hardest part for me is not being able to be at every game when some of them are at the same times. 

If you could play any sport, what would it be?
Well, I consider being the Mascot not only to be a sport, but my favorite sport. Other than that, I have experience in just about every sport UVA has to offer. If I had to choose one, it’d be polo so I can have my best friend Sabre with me. [For those of you who don’t know, Sabre is Cavman’s trusty steed]

If you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring three things, what would they be?
My best friend Sabre.  He loves the beach.  My limited edition V-Sabre bathing suit.  I’ve been looking for an excuse to bust it out.  And, naturally, President Sullivan.  We have so much to catch up on. If I could bring a fourth, it might be Dean Groves so we could work on our high-fives, which, for some reason, seem to be in high demand.

Thoughts on your wardrobe? Do you ever get tired of wearing the same thing every day?
I used to, but then I got my new suit.  It really makes my muscles pop.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hoisting a national championship trophy in football in the air. Actually, hoisting trophies for football, basketball, and baseball in the air. Triple crown anybody? Not to mention the hosts of other trophies over the next ten years. Too many to count.

What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
Getting dropped on my head when trying to crowd surf. We really should lead a crowd surfing clinic for students before the first football game….

What is the craziest thing you’ve seen a UVA fan do?
About 100 years ago I witnessed Prof. Echols dynamiting a hole in the Rotunda in an attempt to save it from a fire.  That was a crazy night.  Good things came from rebuilding though.  He was a huge UVA fan in all frontiers.

What is one of your most proud moments?
Well, this is tough. I have a lot of proud moments, but two of them from recent history stand out:
1) Supporting our football team as they beat Florida State in 1995 and rushing the field!! Biggest win in UVA football history!
2) Chris Taylor and the rest of the Cavalier baseball team pulling off a near miracle to send us to the College World Series this past summer. Thanks for the ticket to Omaha gentlemen!

Why can you not talk out loud?
I took a vow of silence until we win a national title in football.

Who is your greatest inspiration?
I have to admit I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the man himself, TJ.