Black Friday Shopping Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

DO: Go prepared.        

Make a list of all the stores you want to hit beforehand, so you have a concrete itinerary for your day. This is essential to maximize shopping time.

DON’T: Be late.

Who needs sleep? Black Friday is the ONLY day every year that you can step foot in your favorite place (the mall, duh) before 8 A.M. Take advantage of it!

DO: Do your research.

Find out what stores are having the best promotions and sales, and make sure those are high on your list!

DON’T: Bring your boyfriend.

Chances are, you’ll be shopping for him anyway, so him being there kind of ruins the surprise. More importantly, most boys simply just don’t understand the art of shopping.

DO: Reward yourself.

All that walking around is exhausting! Reward yourself with that special holiday edition latte. You deserve it.

DON’T: Wear uncomfortable shoes.

Save the high-heeled booties for holiday parties! Opt for something that will let you run from store to store with minimal falling potential.

DO: Take a picture with Santa Claus.

Nothing marks the beginning of Christmas season quite like the mall Santa Claus does. Make your friends pile onto Santa’s lap and take a fun picture with you!