5 Ways to Step Up Your Morning Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

So, for some, “good morning” may not be so good. But here are some ways that you could make your mornings feel better, especially after a long night of homework or having fun. With summer right around the corner, these life hacks may help you to take advantage of each day and help make your summer a super memorable one.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate

Your body hasn’t had a drop of water in its system all night, and while you may not wake up thirsty, your insides definitely are. 70% of the human body is made up of water, so obviously water plays a super important role in the proper functioning of your body. My favorite way of getting myself drinking water is to try and finish a liter of water while my coffee is brewing in my french press. I’m already in the kitchen doing nothing, I may as well take advantage of the time and hydrate my body as it desperately needs.

Take a shower

While some people definitely enjoy their showers at night more, a quick rinse in hot water could be a great way to ease yourself into the day. It’s calming, relaxing, and the best time to listen to the morning new or your favorite artist. Feeling clean may help you feel more productive and ready to start the day.

Eat breakfast

You’ve heard this one before, but it’s still super important. Just like water, your body has been on a several hour fast. You may not wake up very hungry but in due time, you’ll start to experience the hunger. And when you do, it may be best to eat something that will provide the fuel you need to kickstart your morning and give you the blast your body craves to do what it does.

Make your bed

This idea seems stupid almost..I mean we all have to get back into bed, right? But, making your bed may be the life hack you need to get a head start on your day. It gives you a mild feeling of accomplishment, your room will look just that much nicer, and you’ll feel more positive at night when you get to pull back sheets and really tuck yourself in. It only takes about 3-5 minutes, but can make all the difference in your mood.

Do not hit the snooze button

Especially during the summer. It’s going to be beautiful day after beautiful day, and there is no reason why a good chunk of it should be spent in bed. Wake up when you’ve decided is the best time, and stick to it! You’ll feel good about yourself, because you weren’t lazy and pressed the snooze button, and you’ll have a whole day to do whatever you want!