5 Things Every UVA Student Needs in their Backpack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

As we settle back into another year here on grounds here’s a definitive list of the 5 must haves for new (and old) students’ bags:

1. Chargers, Chargers, Chargers
    • A bit boring but so important. If you need a device throughout your day and it has a charger, make sure you bring it. There is absolutely nothing worse than having to deal with a dead phone or laptop during a busy day (I speak from experience).
  2. Snacks
    • When you forget breakfast, get a midday slump or are just having a long day you will thank yourself for throwing some snacks in your bag. Protein or Cereal bars are always a good and compact option.
  3. Personal Care Pouch
    • A little bag with a few necessities will be your best friend throughout the year. Some things that are definitely great to add to your kit are:
      • Hand Sanitizer
      • Chapstick
      • Pads/Tampons
      • Deodorant
      • Hair Ties
  4. Water Bottle
    • It doesn’t have to be a bottle (I do love a good tumbler too) but forgetting one will definitely be a big regret. This is especially important during these hot C-Ville days at the start of the school year.
  5. Umbrella
    • Here in Charlottesville this is a lesson many students learn the hard way. In this area prone to both light showers and raging thunderstorms always keeping an umbrella in your bag will save you countless times throughout the year. ☔️
Pre-Commerce Second Year at UVA from Long Island, NY.