This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

If your goal for 2022 was to read more, and your stressful busy schedule during the semester hasn’t really allowed for that, add any of these books to your cart on Amazon and they’ll be ready for your beach reads this summer: 

1. We Are the Brennans by Tracy Lange- I’m from New York, so I may be bias! But this book’s setting in Brooklyn and following of a really interesting, at times very chaotic, family dynamic made it such a great read. Family secrets, love storylines and a narrative following multiple characters’ perspectives also make this a really good one. 
  2. My Body by Emily Ratajkowski- This one is super well-written and dives deep into Emily’s experiences in the modeling and entertainment industry in Los Angeles, while also exploring broader, more relatable themes of misogyny and sexualizing which face all women. It’s really interesting to dive into Emily’s ethos past what we see on Instagram!
  3. The Last Flight by Julie Clark- If you’re a fan of a thriller mystery read, these next two are for you. The Last Flight follows two women in tough situations, who ultimately switch identities. One gets into a plane crash, a scene from which her body was never recovered, and the other is in a continued escape journey from her abusive husband.
  4. Silent patient by Alex Michaelides- This one is a classic, similarly, mystery oriented and I couldn’t put it down. It uncovers the mystery of Alicia and her alleged crime of murdering her husband, but as there always is, there’s much more to the story!
My name is Julia Cloppse, I am a third year at UVA and I'm from Staten Island, New York!