Style > Beauty

4 Amazing Beauty Products I’ve Added to My Bag in 2023

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I keep my beauty routine pretty simple, and I tend to gravitate toward the same products over and over again. So it probably won’t surprise you when I say that I don’t try many new products. But over the past few months, I’ve branched out and tried some new things, and I’m ready to report!

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: It’s a cult fave for a reason! I was unsure about this lipstick because it really looks SO dark in its packaging, but when I learned that Liv Tyler wore it in the Lord of the Rings franchise (and slayed, btw), I had to try it! This lipstick really isn’t truly a lipstick, hence the title. It provides a sheer, buildable finish that’s slightly glossy. And, while looks can be deceiving, it doesn’t go on purple. The color is this really pretty berry pink that suits just about anyone! It’s also quite hydrating in my experience. I genuinely have no complaints!

Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Blush in Happy: I had such a hard time getting ahold of this one since it’s literally always sold out. But after the Hailey X Selena drama started, I had to support my girl! You’ve probably seen the videos, and what they say is true: this blush is a POWERHOUSE!!! It’s super pigmented, so a little goes a long way, so you’re really getting your bang for your buck. It’s a liquid blush that goes on very easily. It’s not quite a gel, but not quite a liquid. It’s kind of a soft creme, that feels like you’re applying a cloud to your cheeks! The shade Happy is my favorite, as it suits my fair skin the best, but Selena has plenty of shades to try, so if you manage to find one, grab it while you can! This product is no joke!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in Blackest Black: So I really don’t know what struck me to buy this mascara. I think I was just tired of the one I was using. However it came into my life, I’m so happy it did! I love the slim, tapered applicator that this mascara has, and its formula is super smooth and buildable. Something that deters me from many mascaras is flaking or clumps, and this has neither! It’s a good mascara that’s versatile for everyday looks and stunning glam! I also love that the formula isn’t smudgy or runny, meaning no raccoon eyes at the end of the day! That’s a huge win since I wake up around 6 and end my day around 11. This mascara is no joke, and affordable at that!

Essence’s Fruit Kiss Caring Lip Balm in Cherry Love: This balm is sooooo good! It has so many things going for it! It’s nourishing to your lips while providing a very pretty sheen of color to your lips. It’s not sticky or drying. It’s quite hydrating, and the tint lasts for a really long time. And if you aren’t convinced, the price point will sell you! It’s $2.99! Run and get this balm, because I really don’t know how it’s not viral yet!

Everyone deserves to treat themselves to a new product that’s going to make them feel like their most beautiful self. These products are such awesome ways to get that new, fresh, gorgeous look that you’ve been searching for, and you really get your money’s worth with these. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!

Hi I'm Morgan! I use she/they pronouns. I'm a 4th year at the University of Virginia majoring in Art History. My greatest passion is raising my 2 cats. I'm a first gen, low income student living on my own, so if you ever need budget hacks, I'm your gal! Happy to have you here!