25 Reasons Why UVA is the Best School Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

1.     Even if we don’t win every football game, the tailgates make those Saturdays worth it.

2.     After a night out, nothing compares to College Inn cheesy bread. Even better? If it’s too late, Christians is always open with an endless supply of pizza.

3.     Going to school at a World Heritage Site means no jet noise. Soak up the sound of silence.

4.     You can’t go to UVA and not try the Gus Burger at the White Spot. To some the idea of a fried egg on a burger is disgusting, but at 2 am, it really hits the spot.

5.     Absolutely nothing beats UVA in the spring. Day parties galore.

6.     The McGregor Room. Who doesn’t want to study in a room that looks like it’s straight off the set of Harry Potter?

7.     Endless cup Tuesdays at Arches. Pile it high with gooey brownie…

8.     This year’s basketball season. Enough said.

9.     Ice milk. Who knew icy milk could be so good?

10. Bodos is always there for us with the best bagels. Must get that number 1 ticket before graduation!

11. The word grounds- yes we had to come up with our own word for campus.

12. Saying first, second, third, fourth years…our way of annoying our friends at home.

13. Streaking the lawn. Watch out for spotlights…

14. Tuesday nights are an excuse to go out. We work hard, but play hard like we mean it.

15. The weather is perfect. Ok maybe a few less snow days would be nice, but still.

16. Carter Mountain Orchard, Humpback Rock, and Pippin Hill are just a short drive away. As if there wasn’t enough to do on grounds!

17. Mad Bowl. Can we bring back Easters, please?

18. So. many. philanthropies.

19. The course forum. Yes, we have our own ratemyprofessor.com.

20. Take It Away House Dressing

21. Halloween on the lawn. Cute little kids in costumes light up the lawn.

22. We have the best alumni. Tina Fey, we love you.

23. Lighting of the lawn. As if there wasn’t enough to love about having the rotunda…

24. The professors are incredible. Heather Warren whips out her guitar regularly.

25. We go to a school where people are obnoxious about loving their school.