This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Imagine if Thanos came to UTSA… and snapped his fingers!!

You wake up and are walking to the MH building for class when you notice it’s a bit quieter than usual, not as many people are walking to class either. But it’s the end of the semester so you shrug it off. Come to think of it, you didn’t see your roommates in your dorm room either. Maybe they had an early morning. You eventually get to class when you notice half the class is missing!

“Is class cancelled?” You ask your friend. Thank god she showed up, you think.

“I don’t think so. The professor hasn’t emailed us.”

Where is everyone?

She shrugs in response and continues scrolling the Her Campus website on her laptop.

15 minutes go by and (we all know what that means when your professor doesn’t show up to class after 15 minutes, FREE DAY!!!) you and your friend walk outside and decide to stop at Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

At least the lines will be shorter.” Your friend says.

Yes! Thank you, Jesus! I hate waiting in line just for my 12-piece nuggets.

Yeah same.” She laughs.

As soon as you guys walk into the JPL cafeteria you see a few tables occupied by people typing on their laptops with their headphones in but you mostly notice the groups of people talking in hushed voices and looking around. After you get your food, you see your friend Eric that you took AIS with a few semesters ago come rushing towards you.

Hey girl! Did you hear the news!?” He asks.

No, what news?

Thanos is here!” He says with a smile.

Wait hold up,” your friend says from beside you, “Thanos, like from the Avengers Movies??”

YES!

What’s he doing here? Shouldn’t he be in outer space somewhere erasing planets or whatever it is he does?” You ask him.

Yeah well I haven’t actually seen him yet, but if I do I’ll be sure to ask him.” He says sarcastically.

Retract the claws. It was just a question. So why are we happy about this?” You ask.

Duh isn’t it obvious?!” He says. As he motions to the people in the cafeteria around us. Half the people who were here yesterday at this time are now gone.

Oh My God! He did it!? He snapped his fingers and now half the world’s population is gone!!” My friend screams from beside me.

Girl no! Just UTSA.” Eric says.

That explains why our professor never showed up for class!” You say.

You and your friend look at each other in shock. This means your roommates disappeared too… not that you particularly liked them but still.

Wow good thing I didn’t do the homework for class or that would’ve been for nothing.” your friend whispers to herself.

Wait,” You say, “Does this mean we don’t have homework or class for the rest of the semester?!

She looks at you when the thought dawns on her too.

OMG!!” She smiles.

WE’RE FREE!”

“WE’RE FREE!”

You guys shout at the same time. This means no finals week. No last assignments or papers.

Wait what about our grades?” You ask.

Luckily for us, Dr. Taylor Eighmy is too busy dealing with all the missing person cases to deal with that, so we get the grade that we had before Thanos snapped his fingers this morning!” Eric says.

Hey, I’m cool with that!” My friend says. Then her and Eric share a high-five.

Well you did have all A’s this semester so no worries there. Plus, that means you don’t have to study for finals. You don’t have to stress anymore. You can relax and start watching the final season of Game of Thrones that you have recorded back in your room. Hey this isn’t such a bad thing! Thanks, Thanos!

What do you guys say to getting out of here and going back to my place for a GoT marathon?” You ask them.

Actually, I have a better idea.” Eric says. He reaches into his backpack and pulls out 3 movie tickets. “What do y’all say we go watch The Avengers: Endgame instead?!”

We all smile at each other as we run out the JPL, past the sombrilla, all the way to the movie theater.

As much fun as having no class is, we should probably learn how to bring everyone back.” You tell them.

Who are we The Avengers?!?” My friend asks.

Alright let’s figure out how to bring them to UTSA then!” Eric says.

Sounds like a plan,” You say.

English Major. Creative/Professional Writer. Book Enthusiast. Music Lover.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.