This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

We are in the season of love, and what better way to feel the love than decorating your own home. Since we are in the middle of a pandemic, there is plenty of time to get creative. Decorations also could be good for a small Galentine’s event, family event, or just for fun. This is great to show off our aesthetic side and admire your art creations. I have several different ways to help you get started on your Valentine’s Day decorations. Here is my Valentine’s Day decoration inspiration for you:

Window Gels/Stickers

You can buy these at Target. Also, you buy them cheaper at the Dollar store. They are sold in packets that come with ten different stickers for you to choose from. You can put these stickers on your mirrors and windows. Some of these stickers can have love affirmations, which are perfect. I think it’s a positive way to start your day waking up to these. Also, these little decals can be perfect for mirror selfies as well!

Red/Pink Lights

You can get any lights at Walmart or Target. Red and pink lights would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. You can place these lights on your bedroom windows. It’s so cute when someone sees red or pink hearts when looking up from the ground floor. Also, cascading lights would look nice around any columns you have on your balcony. LED lights would look great when someone is driving by, and it lights up your home at night. It’s a great way to spread love and positivity during these times.

Vase Filled with Love

You can buy a vase from literally any store and start putting anything you want in it. You can put any type of flowers inside, whether fake or real. You can buy some flowers at Hobby Lobby, and they have a bunch of options to choose from. You can also put red or pink confetti to spice it up. Also, something I like to put in it is heart-shaped flower picks. These hearts stick out of the vase very nicely and are a great touch. These vases can be placed on a dresser in your room or on a table as a centerpiece.

A Romance Garland

For this last decoration idea, you can make it however you want. You can buy ribbons at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. You can use this ribbon to make bows or spirals. You can add little Valentine messages like “XOXO” or “Be Mine” to add to the ribbons. Also, if you want to be extra, you can add some glitter as well. These garlands are perfect for hanging on your door to greet guests!

I hope now you have an idea of how to decorate your home for Valentine’s Day. All these ideas can work whether you live in an apartment or a house. You can now use your own creativity to decorate however you choose to. These ideas will surely brighten up your home and be ready for Valentine’s Day. I hope your holiday is filled with love and romance. Your Valentine’s Day should always be a lovely one whether you are with your significant other, family, friends, or solo!

I am a senior with a interest in music. Some of my passions are makeup and fashion! I love traveling and exploring the world. In my free time I love to sing, swim, and spend time with my sorority sisters!