Anna Schultz-Girls Laughing With Phone
Anna Schultz-Girls Laughing With Phone
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

“Renegade, renegade,” “Roxanne,” “LET’S GO,” “oh I’m killin that WOAH,” “why don’t you say so??”

The app that makes people late for class, stay up until 3am, or become famous has the name of recognizable lyrics from Kesha’s hit song— “TIKTOK.”

TikTok has become like Vine in some ways. However, videos can be up to 60 seconds whereas a video on Vine was just under 10 seconds. When Vine went away the world was lost. Everyone was forced to watch “YouTube Vine” compilation videos. Until one day… Kesha’s lyrics came to life and TikTok was born.

TikTok recently became more popular in 2019. There is a cycle of people downloading the app. It starts out as a joke, then turns into scrolling through the FYP (for you page), which turns into making actual videos.

The content of the videos includes people dancing to songs like the ones mentioned above as well as skit type of videos. Most people want to get on the popular page (which would be the FYP.) There are actually tutorials on how to become TikTok famous if that is what you’re on the app for.

If you just want to have a good laugh, learn a new dance to show off or just procrastinate on homework (would not recommend), then go to the app store right now! If you had no idea what song lyrics were at the beginning of this article, trust me, you will once you download TikTok.

Hi, I'm Natalie and am a junior at UTSA! Born and raised in San Antonio, I basically live at La Cantera mall. Catch me writing, reading or laughing too much!