This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Thrifting can be hit or miss so here are some tips and tricks to help you out!

Have a game plan.

Thrifting can be overwhelming if you don’t have a strategy. It makes things easier if you plan out which sections you want to check out first.

Check for promotions.

Some thrift stores have promotions on certain days  the Salvation Army has a half-off deal on Wednesdays! So make sure to check beforehand.

Have patience

Take your time to really look through everything. Be patient and you’ll find those hidden gems.

Try things on.

An easy hack to check if pants will fit you without putting them on is to place your forearm in the waistband of the pants. If it fits from the tip of your finger to your elbow comfortably then the pants are a good fit.

Another way to check if pants fit is to put the waistband around your neck. If the waist reaches around your neck comfortably, you’re good to go!

What to look for.

Some trendy pieces right now are brown flannels, tennis skirts, and vintage Reebok shoes. So keep an eye out for those.

Follow the COVID-19 regulations.

If you’re planning on going thrifting at this time, make sure to follow the regulations. Wear a mask and stay six feet apart.

Now thrift away!

Austinite, iced coffee, and dogs!