Things You Should NEVER Tell Someone Who Is Bi

I think it is important and necessary to address this: that Bisexual people in opposite sex relationships do benefit from straight privilege; however, there is still never a reason to invalidate people's sexuality. On that note, there are a lot of things that Bi and Pansexual people are constantly subjected to hearing, and none of it is cool. Here are just a few things you should avoid telling your Bi friend (or your Bi enemy):

1. So does that mean you’re down for a threesome?”

2. You’re more likely to cheat…

3. *is in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex* “You’re not REALLY gay.

4. *is single or in a relationship with a member of the same sex* “When are you just gonna come out as fully gay?”

5. *on a dating app* “Looking for our unicorn!

I could go on about the invalidation Bi and Pan people experience, even at the hands of other members of the LGBT+ community, but these are just the most common ones that I’ve heard and that other Bi/Pan people I’ve talked to have been told. At the end of the day, it’s important that we work to have respect for each other; people are what they say they are. Have some respect for people’s identities and don’t practice Bi erasure, THANKS!