timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Small Things That Make Me Happy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

I feel like while in college, and in any stage of our lives really, it’s so easy to get caught up on the little things that go wrong. So I think it’s important to make note of the things that make the hard times a bit better, no matter how small they are. Some things that brighten my day are:

Finding a new song.

I’m the type of person that listens to a song on repeat until what seems like I can no longer stand to ever hear the song again.

Finding a good iPhone wallpaper.

We use our phones for just about everything, so I like to have something that brightens my mood set to be the first thing I see when I pick up my phone.

Finally getting to eat the food I was craving.

You know when you’ve just had a long day or a long week, it’s so satisfying to be able to just sit down and just finally eat those french fries or treat yourself to that ice cream.

When my favorite YouTubers upload a video.

A majority of the work I have to do for my classes consists of so much reading that I don’t have much time to get invest in too many actual TV shows. So, I resort to YouTube videos since their shorter and make for the perfect study break without leading to procrastination.

Sleeping on fresh sheets.

Yes ladies, and the possible two gentlemen reading this, you are supposed to wash your sheets.

Going to bed on a Friday knowing you don’t have to go anywhere the next day.

This doesn’t need much explanation because I think we all know how great these Friday nights are.

The smell of a new book.

Now I’m a true bookstore nerd, but don’t get it twisted I’m not talking about textbooks. But the idea of cracking open a new book to read purely for fun sounds pretty darn good to me.

Laying in bed at the end of a long day.

I am most definitely an introvert, so after spending hours running around having everyone suck all the life and energy out of me, the thing I look forward to most is crawling right back into my bed at the end of the day.

When someone cancels plans that you know you didn’t want to go to.

Let’s be real, we’ve all been there. We’ve all agreed to plans that we really didn’t want to and practiced and rehearsed excuses that we could use to get ourselves out of them when THANKFULLY, the other person cancels first and you don’t have to feel bad about not wanting to go anymore.

Sydney is a senior majoring in Sociology with a minor in Psychology. She's an avid Youtube watcher and Netflix binger. Sydney's a lover of YA fiction, especially dystopian series, and she can often be found around campus, with earphones in, listening to an audiobook. As someone that is forever getting lost in books, she thought it was time to share her own stories and opinions.
Lauren is currently a senior at UTSA who is obsessed with anything involving music and pop culture. She is one of the Campus Correspondents for HC UTSA, and is in charge of social media and editing. You can catch her traveling across the country for concerts, eating Whataburger fries, or constantly scrolling through her social media feeds.