This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Everyone has been in the situation maybe once, twice, or multiple times where you meet someone at some point during the night, and eventually end up hooking up with them. This can play out in two ways: you either end up hooking up with someone you know, or someone random.

Hooking up with a stranger

Hooking up with a stranger can happen if you’re on a dating app, or if you just met them while you were out. This usually happens when things lead to one thing after another after initially meeting them. But the real question is: do you text the person immediately after hooking up? Do you wait until they text first? Or, do you not text back regardless of if they text you or not? After asking a few friends as to what they would do in this situation, several stated that they wouldn’t bother texting since it was a hookup with a stranger. Only one friend stated that if they wanted to get to know the person after the hookup, then they would text them trying to continue a conversation.

Hooking up with someone you know

Hooking up with someone you know, or someone you talk to, can be different than hooking up with a stranger. This is a different scenario because you actually know the person you’re about to hook up with. In this situation, there might be a mutual agreement to never speak about it because it was a one-time thing. Then again, you might both decide that it’s something you want to continue doing. When being with someone you know, you may not want to text them back right after because you don’t want to make it seem like you’re attached. While on the other hand, some may just text and play it cool just to keep having their company.

At the end of the day, it’s up to you if you want to text them or not. It’s important to remember that hookup culture isn’t for everyone, and that is totally okay.

Hey guys! I just transferred to UTSA, I’m currently a junior and I’m majoring in criminal justice and minoring in psychology. I am a very outgoing person and very easy to talk to so if you need a friend I’m always here since I’m always up for everything and anything! I am currently trying to live my best life, by traveling because I believe why should I wait until I’m older if I can just do it now while I’m young and care free because who knows what will happen right?